Eyes

They say that your eyes are the reflection of your Soul. If you need to read someone's mind then just take a look at their eyes. This power of reading eyes is bestowed by the Almighty on all of us. This power is what makes us Human.


One sunny afternoon, I had just completed buying groceries at the local supermarket and was heading back to my car when I heard someone call my name. "John, please wait," the voice of a woman called out my name.

I turned around to see a smart young woman dressed in an executive suit calling my name. I turned back to make sure she was calling me and not some other person with my name. There was no one behind me.

The young lady hurried to me and gave me a wide smile. She held my hand and said smiling, "John, it's me, Lisa." She removed her black shades and I took a look at her eyes.

I took a moment to look at her beautiful round black eyes and remembered her. "Lisa, wow, it's wonderful to see you again," saying I hugged the woman.

Lisa hugged me tightly, and when I saw her face again her eyes were moist.

Many years back, when I was walking back home after my evening walk in the Park, a beggar approached me. My first reaction was to say, "Sorry, no change," and I walked away. But, in that moment I happened to look at her eyes.

There was so much pain in those eyes. I stopped for a moment and looked back. The girl lowered her head to the floor and sat on the footpath. She looked very weak and it seemed like she did not have proper food for several days. It was winter. But, she was wearing a torn jacket and her slippers were in very bad shape.

I walked back to her and told her, "I don't have any change. But, I am heading for dinner. Would you like to join me?".

She looked at me surprised. But, she agreed to come with me.

I went to Subway and bought her a sandwich. We finished our meal and I told her, "I am going to the supermarket and would like to buy you some warm clothes and shoes."

She was completely stunned. She thanked me and accompanied me to the supermarket.

I bought her some warm clothes and shoes. After that we came out of the supermarket and I told her, "Goodbye."

She started crying and hugged me. "Thank you Mister, you have been so kind to me. No one has been so kind to me before."

I asked her name. She replied, "Lisa".

Lisa told me that she had once belonged to a wealthy family. Her dad was a businessman and he was duped and killed by his partners. She had run away from her house to save her life.

Life had been very tough on her and she was forced to do many bad things in order to survive. She had been badly abused by several people.

I felt Lisa's pain as though she was my own sister. I took her to a shelter home and gave her some money. I also got admitted her to a college.

After this incident, I took up a job in another city and forgot all about Lisa. I just returned to my home after my retirement and I ran into Lisa.

Lisa was now working as a real estate agent and had married. She was now a proud mother of two beautiful children. She took me to her home and introduced me to her husband and children.

We all prayed together that night and thanked God for his blessings. I looked at Lisa. She smiled and her eyes said, "Thank you." I replied with my eyes, "God bless you my child."

The End







3 comments:

The Old Man in the Park

My name is Sun-Sun Han. I once knew an Old Man. He was a six-foot-tall lean man with a clean-shaven wrinkled face. He had patches of grey h...