The Holocaust



My name is Tom Walters. I am a spaceman. At present, I am stationed in Planet Mars and taking history lessons from a robotic teacher in Titan. The history lessons are mandatory for each human after every ten years so that we always remember our origins.

In the three hundred years since the war on Earth, we have developed technology to travel our entire Solar system. We have mapped the entire Solar system on 4d maps. Our space crafts are built of special metal alloys and biofuels which have helped us achieve surreal speeds close to a ten thousand miles per second.

"It's the year 2017. People had close to perfect lives in several developed countries. Every house was connected by electricity, internet and gas lines. Almost every adult in the house had their own car. Everyone had their own laptops, smartphones, and tablets." our history teacher was giving us a lecture on the Holocaust and streaming videos on our space-top devices. The powerful Z-rays discovered about a hundred years back were transmitting the videos in Space almost in real time. She continued,"People were divided on economic basis using a concept called Money. People with money had complete control over the society. People wasted precious resources like food, water, and fuel on concepts like Parties, Recreation and showing off on Social Media." "That sucks," I muttered.

"Then the tragedy struck. The nuclear war that followed wiped out 97% of the world's population. A million species of birds, animals, and insects went extinct." She took a deliberate pause after her last sentence. She wanted the gravity of her last sentence to sink into our young minds. I was shocked to see the horrific pictures and videos she was streaming. "What a waste of life!," I thought to myself.


"It was a miracle that a few lucky people survived the Holocaust. A few nations had already anticipated that a disaster like this was imminent. So, they had secretly developed a few spacecraft and had already colonized Titan which is a moon of the Planet Saturn about ten years before the war."

Anastasia rose her hand eagerly. "Isn't Titan very cold compared to Earth? How did we manage to colonize this moon?".

"Very good question, Ana," remarked the teacher and proceeded to answer the question. "You see Ana when we first send out space probes to Titan we discovered several things which completely astonished us. To say that we colonized this place without any help would be untrue. When our space probes landed here we found an entire city built underground the moon already. There was water, plants, and houses built already. But, we could not find any sign of other life. It was as if someone had built the entire city for us already. All we had to do was to bring in the people to inhabit this place."

"Wow, that's unbelievable," gasped Ana. The teacher smiled back.

As the atomic clock struck 12 o'clock the class came to an end. The teacher said that she would teach us about the colonization of Titan in more detail tomorrow.

I switched off my space-top device. I looked out of my cabin window and saw the vast emptiness of space all around me. A few stars shined brightly in the distant sky. Looking at them I wondered if the nuclear war had proven to be good for mankind. How could we have achieved so many technological advances if we had stayed in a corrupt place like Earth? Although, I definitely felt sorry for the great loss of life. But, was it not their own doing in the end? Endless weaponization and wars. Some disaster like this was always on the cards. In fact, I was surprised to know how the intelligent media of that time had warned about such disasters repeatedly in so many books and movies. But, history tells that Mankind likes to repeat its mistakes.

I had now been alive for over two hundred years and had supplies for the next fifty years in my spacecraft. I had read that the mortality rate on Earth was very high and people died at a relatively young age. With our body implantation, conscious transfer, and tissue growing technologies, it was now possible to live technically forever. There was no known death of a human in the last two hundred years. Also, human reproduction through primitive biological means was totally redundant. The human embryos were frozen and were used to create test tube babies and clones when necessary. These clones were then sent on intergalactic missions and deep space probes.

There are a total of ten thousand humans alive today and we are spread throughout the Solar system. To think that there were close to 6.5 billion of us living on Earth alone completely blows my mind. I wonder how all those people might have lived on such a small land mass. No doubt, this mindless rubble simply destroyed their home planet.

I am curious though to learn more about the entities that helped the few of us to escape the holocaust and survive. Who are these people? Are they aliens? Are they Gods? I am determined to find these answers. I have vowed to continue my research and explore the Galaxy to get answers to all my questions.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Man in the Park

My name is Sun-Sun Han. I once knew an Old Man. He was a six-foot-tall lean man with a clean-shaven wrinkled face. He had patches of grey h...