Mystery Land – Chapter 5 – Celina meets the Dark Wizard



This is the fifth chapter of the Fantasy series "Mystery Land". You can read the previous chapters below.
Mystery Land - Chapter 3 - The God's Well
Mystery Land - Chapter 4 – Abar shows what a mortal can do

Celina rode on Abar’s horse Swift. Swift galloped quickly through the Dark Forest. Celina had seen blood in her crystal. This meant that Sam’s life was in grave danger. She thought that King Riley might have sent men after him. She was unaware that it was not King Riley but the Elves who were after Sam. But then she did not have any reason to suspect them.


 Sam was riding gingerly through the Dark Forest. He was not aware of any danger looming over his head. His spirits had informed him that a powerful Wizard lived in these woods. He had come to seek her help to avenge King Riley. He had been informed by the Spirits that Celina hated Riley as much as he did. But he was curious to know why Celina hated Riley.

Elf Prince Yala had come to know that Sam had left his village. He wanted to capture Sam and reclaim the ancient Book of Enchantments. The book had belonged to the ancient Elves. Once they had the book it would empower them to defeat all the mortals and demigods and rule the world once again. Yala had assumed that Sam had gone to the Mystery Land. The Mystery Land was once known as the Elf Land. It was the home of the ancient Elves. But after the demigods stole the book from the elves they had lost their powers. They were driven away from the Elf Land by the demigods on the peril of their lives. He was sure the demigods who lived in the Elf Land had handed the book to him. He wanted to stop Sam before he crossed the Dark forest to reach the Elf Land.

Celina finally reached Sam. She saw a fat boy of around sixteen years of age riding a small brown horse. She saw hundreds of spirits accompanying the boy. “Why have you come into these Woods, Sam Thorne?” she questioned the boy. The boy looked surprised. He smiled and gave her a bow. “You must be Lady Celina, the mighty wizard of the Dark Forest,” he said with delight. Celina was amused by the boy’s manners. “That I am. But you have still not answered my question. What are you doing in these woods with all these Spirits? Why are you looking for me?” she asked him again.

Sam answered “My lady I come to seek your help. These spirits are my friends. We have all been wronged by the wicked King Riley. We have sworn vengeance against the King. I understand that you too despise him. I come to seek your allegiance. We shall defeat him together”.

“What makes you think I despise the King? How could a boy and few spirits dream to overthrow such a mighty ruler?” she asked him.

Sam replied “My lady my spirits have overheard you speaking ill of the King several times. I do not know why you despise him. But I know that you do. I request you to not underestimate my power. My spirits are not powerful yet. But, I know some dark magic which would make them very strong. I need your help to accomplish this task.”

Celina replied angrily “I dislike the King because he is an evil man. He has killed millions of people. He has even imprisoned two of my sisters. I escaped him by hiding in these woods. The King has powerful allies and Elves to help him. He can’t be defeated, Sam. His men are already looking for you and they mean to kill you. I am afraid I can’t help you.”

Sam dismounted from his horse and walked towards Celina. His spirits hovered over him. He patted her horse gently and said “My lady, I can understand that you are afraid of him. I am sorry about your sisters. His men killed my sister Sheila. She was a good wizard. She used to practice magic to help people. One day she saved a little boy from being hanged by using her magic. Riley’s soldiers captured her and hanged her for practicing witchcraft. They threw her dead body into the river. I saw her body floating in the river. I swore to destroy Riley and his men that day. I have a magic book of ancient spells. It was handed over to one of my ancestors by a demigod called Al. I can’t understand all the spells in this book as they are written in an ancient language. I need your help to interpret the spells. Using the magic from this book we can defeat Riley.”

Sam took out a book from his coat and handed it to Celina. Celina took the book from him. Her heart started beating fast as she saw the book. She wondered if it was the same mysterious book which had disappeared many ages back.  Now even the wizards thought that it was only a myth. When she opened the book a bright light came out of the book and she gave a cry in disbelief and exclaimed: “My god, this is the ancient Book of Enchantments.”

Suddenly all the birds in the forest started to chirp loudly. Celina looked up and cried to Sam “Quickly get on your horse. We must leave at once. They are here for you.”

Sam ran to his horse and suddenly an arrow came whizzing past him and stuck in a nearby tree. Sam hurriedly jumped on his horse. His spirits turned the whole place dark so that he could escape in the cover of darkness. Celina shouted, “Hurry Sam, this way”.  Celina thought “Let me lead him to the Mystery land. Riley’s men will not dare to follow him there”. She patted Swift and told him “Lead me to your master”. Swift galloped at full speed in the direction of the river outside the Dark Forest where he had left his master, Abar.


To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Man in the Park

My name is Sun-Sun Han. I once knew an Old Man. He was a six-foot-tall lean man with a clean-shaven wrinkled face. He had patches of grey h...